ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Logistics Technician - Springfield, VA
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
Logistics Technician - Secret Clearance - Springfield, VA
The Logistics Technician specializes in all tasks associated with property, training equipment, repair parts and classroom supplies, and provides logistical support to maximize the accountability of Program Office property and assets domestically and overseas. The incumbent works under the close guidance of the Program Office.
The position is based at a U.S. Department of State annex in Springfield, VA.
- Provides data and information on property, training equipment, repair parts, and classroom supplies to the Program Office for the funding and financial planning of its programs
- Searches for and analyzes information on Integrated Logistics Management Systems (ILMS) and Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), and traces sequences of transactions to resolve issues
- Tracks Program Office storeroom inventories, stock control and procurement activities using the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) and Integrated Logistics Management Systems (ILMS)
- Works closely with instructional experts on issuing stock and managing equipment life-cycle requirements
- Monitors usage transactions, tracks the timing of reorder actions and verifies cost changes for parts. Evaluates fluctuations in rates of usage and adjusts stock levels accordingly
- Performs continuous evaluation of storeroom stocks to ensure that optimum levels of inventory are maintained
- Follows correct procedures for procuring, storing, and issuing stocks. Ensures that all inventories and stock transactions are updated in CMMS. Sets reorder points in CMMS for storeroom replenishment
- Coordinates the disposal of surplus and excess property with property management staff
- Assists with planning the layout of storage areas
- Provides supply and inventory usage data and reports upon requests to the Program Office
- Tracks purchase requests (PR) and purchase orders (PO) generated in CMMS, ILMS and Supply Request Forms (SRF)
- Ensures that equipment needing repair, returned to vendor or disposal, is properly processed and delivered or shipped. Coordinates with equipment manufacturers for the repair and/or return of repaired items; supply vendors on obtaining price quotes; OCONUS representatives for shipping of equipment and supplies; and the assigned supply chain management company for issues concerning procurement, receipt, and delivery of equipment and supplies purchased
- Prepares training equipment and inventory stocks for overseas shipping to support the Program Office in-service training program. Ensures that cargo is properly inspected, packaged and labeled in accordance with state, local, federal, and international guidelines. Maintains an adequate supply of shipping supplies to ensure the support of all training missions. Coordinates with external support agencies and overseas counterparts to schedule and verify shipments. Ensures their compliance with shipping and receiving regulations and procedures
- Assists the Property Custodial Officer (CO) in completing annual inventory reconciliation of all administrative property, CMMS capital assets, classroom equipment, and storeroom inventories in the Integrated Logistics Management System (ILMS). Maintains detailed historical records for all property transactions in the Program Office
- Employee will require supervision and has limited opportunity to exercise independent judgment and initiative in the line of work
- High School diploma required; Associate’s degree preferred or equivalent technical training. Years of experience may be substituted for formal education
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in logistical and inventory management disciplines
- Knowledge of established inventory management and supply systems (e.g. Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), Integrated Logistics Management System (ILMS)) preferred
- Knowledge of Federal procurement regulations, policies and procedures preferred
- Knowledge of military, law enforcement, and/or Government security operations, programs, plans and relationships preferred
- Skill in providing good customer service
- Skill in organizing, managing and prioritizing multiple tasks
- Skill in oral and written communication to prepare documents and coordinate work with others
- Ability to research and analyze information quickly
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Must be able to meet physical requirements (walking, standing, bending and lifting of medium to heavy objects)
In legal compliance with the terms of our U.S. Government contract the candidate must be a US citizen and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET clearance
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this job.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company