ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LABORER - CARPENTRY/CONCRETE
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
To be considered for this position please visit our website at www.hochunkinc.com to apply.Applications can also be completed by visiting our office at 1505 Stable Drive, in South Sioux City, NE
Perform various tasks involving physical labor for construction projects..
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Operate hand and power tools such as: air hammers, dirt tampers, drills, saws, water pumps, grinders as well as a variety of other equipment and tools.
· Clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris, assist with surveying and project layout.
· Follow OSHA safety regulations and maintain a clean and safe work environment.
· Measure and mark lines on materials using a pencil, marker, chalk or marking gauge.
· Retain and apply what is learned as it applies to the next skill level.
· Understand and follow company chain of command and reporting methods.
· Assist craft workers in day to day construction tasks.
· Regularly attend company safety training sessions.
· Keep and maintain reliable transportation to and from changing job site locations.
Complex Problem Solving.
Judgement and Decision Making.
Seeing Potential Problems
Respect for Property
Positive Attitude toward Others
This position has no supervisory.
This job performs physically demanding work. May work at great heights or outdoors in all weather conditions. The use Personal Protection Equipment is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The position lifts heavy objects, walks and stands for long periods of time and performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
The employee lifts, pushes, pulls or carries objects; uses abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue; and effectively jumps, sprints or throws objects.
The position requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination.
The position requires the ability to quickly move arms and legs. The employee must have excellent stamina.
· Work Gloves
· Leather Steel Toe Boots
· Weather Appropriate Clothing
· Tool Pouch
· 25’ Tape measure
· Metal Speed Square
· Utility Knife
· Framing Hammer
· Lineman’s Pliers
· ½" Cordless drill or impact (18 Volt or greater)
· Over shoes
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position (40 hrs./week). Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 7:00a.m. to 3:30p.m. with overtime as needed before/after shifts and on Saturdays.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time, and regularly lift 50 pounds or more
General understanding of construction practices
Willingness to put forth extra effort
Communication skills both verbal and written
Ability to take direction and carry out job duties as needed
Maintains a valid driver’s license and be insurable under company insurance provider/program
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Six months or more experience in a related area preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
None required for this position
Ho-Chunk, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone,
Buy Indian Certified, Native American Tribally-owned