ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Firearms Instr/Sr Range Safety Officer - Blackstone,VA
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
Firearms Instructor/Senior Range Safety Officer - Secret Clearance - Blackstone, VA
The Firearms Instructor/Senior Range Safety Officer will serve as a range safety officer and course administrator for firearms training courses with responsibility for planning, organizing, and presenting and/or managing the presentation of one or more of these courses and for evaluating training effectiveness to ensure that objectives are met. The incumbent will also serve as a Diplomatic Security Training Center (DSTC) subject matter expert on firearms.
The position is based in Blackstone, VA at the U.S. Department of State, Foreign Affairs Security Training Center (FASTC).
- Operates the Diplomatic Security (DS) range facility and judgmental use of force facility ensuring compliance with OSHA and/or EPA standards and regulations
- Plans, organizes and instructs/manages the presentation of firearms training courses, which may include basic and advanced firearms and use of deadly force
- Conducts firearms and deadly force scenario based training; provides appropriate after action reviews and feedback to trainees
- Applies U.S. Constitutional law, relevant case law, and DS policies to firearms training and use of force scenarios
- Reviews established training objectives, lesson plans, training materials, and instructional methods prior to the beginning of assigned courses
- Researches and reviews current reports related to DS and introduces applicable information into firearms training courses
- Resolves problems that occur in the preparation for and during training
- Evaluates training effectiveness to ensure that training objectives have been met
- Complies with all Federal Law Enforcement Training and Accreditation (FLETA) standards
- Complies with all DS and Firearms Training program policies, procedures, and standards
- Reviews and analyzes trainee evaluations, feedback from other instructors, and personal observations
- Identifies need for and assists with revisions to course content and materials or instructional methods as necessary to improve the firearms training curriculum effectiveness and quality
- Participates in curriculum review conferences
- Ensures optimum efficiency in the use of assigned resources
- Assists instructors in other security related subjects
- Establishes and maintains liaison with a broad array of law enforcement, security, military, government and civilian organizations related to security and firearms techniques, tactics, and procedures
- Keeps abreast of current security techniques, methods, and procedures in firearms training through attendance at training sessions, seminars, and workshops
- Provides technical guidance to managers, law enforcement employees, and students on basic and complex topics related to firearms and use of deadly force
- Assists in scheduling and planning classes by developing and maintaining close contact with program coordinators as well as with other appropriate training entities
- Submits training records in a timely manner
- Serves as subject matter expert for the design of new training
- Tests/evaluates new training courses and instructional materials
- Tests/evaluates new and updated firearms, ammunition, and related equipment
- Assists with equipment inventory and maintenance for assigned training programs
- Maintains requisite levels of proficiency in all duty-related techniques and procedures to include 90% on all graded DS courses of fire
- Employee will require supervision and has limited opportunity to exercise independent judgment and initiative in the line of work
- Periodic local travel may be required as well as occasional travel within and outside the United States to support/conduct training
- Must have a high school diploma
- Must be a certified firearms training instructor; completion of a recognized instructor development training course preferred
- 1-3 (one-three) years of firearms instructor experience required with evidence of increasing work responsibility in a firearms training environment
- Must have excellent people and organizational skills
- Must be proficient in firing, handling, and giving instruction on a variety of revolvers, pistols, submachine guns, carbines, rifles, machine guns, and grenade launchers
- Expert knowledge of health and safety standards for firearms ranges and training facilities
- Knowledge of security concepts, principles, and practices to provide basic training in the application of firearms use
- Knowledge of security programs, operations, and techniques, including terrorism and anti-terrorism operations, use of force, civil liability, with respect to firearms and appropriate techniques, tactics, and procedures
- Knowledge of current protective security methods to provide instruction that is consistent with currently accepted methods and practices
- Familiarity with the functions, responsibilities, and duties of Foreign Service personnel preferred
- Basic knowledge of adult learning principles, course development, classroom and practical instructional presentation methods, and methods for evaluating training effectiveness
- Basic knowledge of the development and revision of training curriculum
- Ability to maintain requisite knowledge of U.S. Constitutional Law, case law, and DS policies related to firearms and use of force
- Ability to immediately analyze, predict, and preclude situations to ensure training is conducted in a safe manner
- Ability to establish and maintain liaison with personnel at all levels in order to plan and coordinate assigned responsibilities
- Skill in oral and written communications to present training to a variety of audiences
- Ability to complete work requiring regular and recurring physical exertion, long periods of standing, occasional heavy lifting, and irregular hours in both training and protective service operations, at times, during inclement weather
In legal compliance with the terms of our U.S. Government contract the candidate must be a US citizen and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET clearance
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this job.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company