ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Explosives Countermeasures Instructor - Blackstone, VA
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
Job Reference #: 1602
Explosives Countermeasures Instructor - Secret Clearance - Blackstone, VA
The Explosives Countermeasures Instructor will serve as an instructor for explosives and Improvised Explosive Device (IED) recognition and avoidance techniques with responsibility for planning, organizing, and presenting and/or managing the presentation of one or more of these courses and for evaluating training effectiveness to ensure that objectives are met. The incumbent will also serve as a Diplomatic Security Training Center subject matter expert on explosives and IED recognition.
The position is based at the U.S. Department of State, Foreign Affairs Security Training Center (FASTC) in Blackstone, VA.
* Plans, organizes and manages the presentation of explosives countermeasures training courses;
* Reviews established training objectives, lesson plans, training materials, and instructional methods prior to the beginning of assigned courses
* Researches and reviews current reports related to Diplomatic Security and introduces applicable information into EC courses
* Approves shipments of special equipment and materials, and other related activities
* Complies with all Federal Law Enforcement Training Accreditation (FLETA) standards
* Resolves complex problems that occur in the preparation for and during training
* Evaluates training effectiveness to ensure that training objectives have been met
* Reviews and analyzes trainee evaluations, feedback from other instructors, and personal observations
* Identifies need for and drafts revisions to course content and materials or instructional methods as necessary to improve the explosives countermeasures training curriculum effectiveness and quality
* Evaluates the impact of planned or projected changes in DS security programs and associated training requirements on the existing content, materials, and methods used for explosives countermeasures training
* Provides budget estimates for assigned courses
* Ensures optimum efficiency in the use of assigned resources
* Participates in curriculum review conferences
* Assists instructors in other security related subjects
* Provides assistance in conducting practical exercises when needed
* Presents security awareness briefings to a wide range or audiences
* Establishes and maintains liaison with a broad array of law enforcement, security, military, government and civilian organizations interested in or affected by explosives countermeasures training
* Keeps abreast of current security techniques, methods, and procedures in Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) through attendance at training sessions, seminars, and workshops
* Assists in scheduling and planning classes by developing and maintaining close contact with program coordinators as well as with other appropriate training entities
* Submits training records in a timely manner
* Serves as subject matter expert for the design of new training
* Tests/evaluates new training courses and instructional materials
* Assists with equipment inventory and maintenance for assigned training programs
* Articulates instructional tasks and provides guidance on how to perform them; assists with performance evaluations
* Maintains requisite levels of proficiency in all duty-related techniques and procedures
* Employee requires infrequent supervision and is expected to work independently according to established policies and accepted practice
* Frequent local travel and occasional travel to other areas within and outside the United States and overseas to potentially high threat posts may be required
* High School diploma required; Associates degree preferred
* Graduate of NAVSCOLEOD (Naval School Explosive Ordnance Disposal) required
* Minimum of seven (7) years of Military Explosive Ordnance Disposal experience
* Senior EOD Technician
* Minimum of three (3) years formal EOD instructor experience
* Two (2) years of supervisory experience preferred
* Completion of a recognized instructor development training course preferred
* Must have excellent people and organizational skills
* Expert knowledge of current terrorist tactics, techniques, and procedures
* Advanced knowledge of current protective security methods to provide instruction that is consistent with currently accepted methods and practices
* Familiarity with the functions, responsibilities, and duties of Foreign Service personnel preferred
* Intermediate knowledge of adult learning principles, course development, classroom and practical instructional presentation methods, and methods for evaluating training effectiveness
* Ability to conduct live explosives and pyrotechnic demonstrations
* Ability to immediately analyze, predict, and preclude situations to ensure training exercises are conducted in a safe manner
* Ability to establish and maintain liaison with personnel at all levels in order to plan and coordinate assigned responsibilities
* Skill in oral and written communications to present training to a variety of audiences and to prepare and present briefings
* Ability to complete work requiring regular and recurring physical exertion, including periods of standing, occasional heavy lifting, and irregular hours in both training and protective service operations, at times, during inclement weather
* Ability to work outdoors where conditions may be unpleasant or uncomfortable, irregular and unscheduled hours and with exposure to personal risks
* Ability to lift and carry heavy equipment and materials while demonstrating physically challenging practical exercises
In legal compliance with the terms of our U.S. Government contract the candidate must be a US citizen and possess or be able to obtain/maintain a SECRET clearance
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this job.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!