ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Estimator - South Sioux City, NE
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
HCI Construction located in South Sioux City, NE, is a general contractor and design-builder for public, private and governmental projects throughout the Midwest. We believe the proper mix of experienced project professionals, from project managers and hands-on superintendents to project engineers and quality control and safety experts, can best assure our clients of a successful project outcome.
Prepares estimates for various construction projects, including new construction, renovations and civil. Will be responsible for analyzing blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other construction documents to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates for bidding construction projects. Provides preliminary estimates for planning purposes and detailed itemized estimates based on final plans and specifications
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collect historical cost data to estimate costs for current or future products.
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments, or construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors, and subcontractors for cost estimates
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
- Utilize cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures.
- Establish and maintain tendering process and conduct negotiations.
- Utilize and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Review material and labor requirements to decide whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components.
- Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or to effect cost reduction.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
- Be familiar with Timberline Estimation Software or similar products
- Critical Thinking
- Complex Problem Solving
- Judgement and Decision Making
- System Analysis
- System Evaluation
- Management of Financial Resources
This position will assist in overseeing directives to Project Managers, Assistant Project Managers in creating construction activities as a result of estimated projects. Interaction with Project Managers during Construction activities will be required.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must also occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision and color vision.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., evening/weekends as needed. May occasionally oversee jobsite before/after shift or on Saturdays.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
· Understand how bidding works, and how the cost of estimating and bidding a job should be reflected in the price
· Understand the Software programs Timberline for estimating, invoicing, and project management tasks into one database
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities
- Well-organized and reliable
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Construction management or a related field from a four-year accredited college or university.
- Seven or more years’ experience working in the construction field preferred.
Knowledge of construction processes and building science
- Excellent knowledge of Timberline Software
- Certified Professional Estimator (CPE) or other qualification will be a plus
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must have valid Driver’s License and be insurable under company insurance policy
None required for this position
AAP/EEO Statement Ho-Chunk, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified, Native American Tribally-owned