ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CARPENTRY JOURNEYMAN-HCI Construction-South Sioux City, NE
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
HCI Construction in South Sioux City, Nebraska is NOW hiring for the upcoming Construction Season
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.hochunkinc.com.
Please reference requisition #1434
Applications can also be completed by visiting our office at 1505 Stable Drive in South Sioux City, NE
Construct, erect, demo, install and repair structures using carpenter’s hand and power tools.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· May be asked to lead and/or coordinate activities of co-workers while on small projects.
· Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a clean and safe work environment.
· Verify trueness of structure using plumb bob and level.
· Understand and follow Blue Prints, Drawings, and Specifications.
· Measure and mark lines on materials using a pencil, marker, chalk or marking gauge.
· Shape or cut material to specific measurement with hand tools, machines and power saw.
· Erects, moves and perform duties from scaffolding, ladders, and Lifts.
· Understand and follow company chain of command and reporting methods.
· Retain and apply what is learned as it applies to the next skill level.
· Regularly attend company safety training sessions.
· Keep and maintain reliable transportation to and from changing job site locations.
· Ability to take direction and carry out job duties as needed.
· Install structures/ fixtures such as: Flooring, framing, insulation, rafters/ trusses, sheathing, drywall and finishes, painting/ staining, doors/ windows, hardware, partitions, cabinets/ countertops, trims, ceilings, siding, fascia/ soffit, and roofing.
Complex Problem Solving.
Judgement and Decision Making.
Seeing Potential Problems
Respect for Property
Positive Attitude toward Others
This position has no supervisory.
This job performs physically demanding work. May work at great heights or outdoors in all weather conditions. The use Personal Protection Equipment is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The position lifts heavy objects, walks and stands for long periods of time and performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
The employee lifts, pushes, pulls or carries objects; uses abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue; and effectively jumps, sprints or throws objects.
The position requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination.
The position requires the ability to quickly move arms and legs. The employee must have excellent stamina.
· Gloves Work Gloves
· Leather Steel Toe Boots
· Weather Appropriate Clothing
· Tool Pouch
· 25’ Tape measure
· Metal Speed square
· Utility Knife
· Framing Hammer
· Lineman’s Pliers
· ½" Cordless Drill or Impact (18 Volt or greater)
· Chalk Box
· 4’ Level
· Steel Claw Bar
· Nail Set
· Wood Chisel
· Plumb Bob
· Framing Square
· Sheetrock Mud Pan, Knives, and Rasp
· Tin Snips
· Wood Plane
· 100’ Tape Measure
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position (40 hrs./week). Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 7:00a.m. to 3:30p.m. with overtime as needed before/after shifts and on Saturdays.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time, and regularly lift 50 pounds or more
Able to perform job duties with little to no supervision
General understanding of construction practices
Willingness to put forth extra effort
Communication skills both verbal and written
Maintains a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the companies provider/program
Able to work from heights over 20’ safely
Able to work 40+ hours per week
Ability to take direction and carry out job duties as needed with good quality
Able to read Blue Prints, Drawings, and Specifications
Able to Install Metal and Wood Doors, Windows, Siding, Soffit, and Fascia
Able to Frame Floors, Walls, Rafters, and Trusses
Able to Finish Drywall, Texture, and Painting
Able to Install Cabinets, Countertops, and Partitions
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Five year or more experience in commercial carpentry.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
None required for this position
Ho-Chunk, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified, Native American Tribally-owned