ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CARPENTRY APPRENTICE-HCI CONSTRUCTION-SOUTH SIOUX CITY, NE
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.hochunkinc.com to apply please reference requisition # 1431.
Applications can also be completed by visiting our office at 1505 Stable Drive in South Sioux City, NE.
Construct, Erect, Demo, Install and Repair structures using carpenter??s hand and power tools
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May be asked to lead and/or coordinate activities of co-workers while working on smaller projects.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Verify trueness of structure using plumb bob and level.
- Understand and follow Blue Prints, Drawings, and Specifications.
- Shape or cut materials to specific measurement using hand tools, machines and/or power saw.
- Erects, moves and perform duties from scaffolding, ladders, and Lifts
- Install structures and fixtures such as: Flooring, wall framing, insulation, rafters/ trusses, sheathing, drywall, drywall finishes, painting/ staining, doors/ windows, hardware, accessories, partitions, cabinets/ countertops, trims, ceilings, siding, fascia/ soffit, and roofing using carpenter tools.
- Measure and mark cutting lines on materials using a pencil, marker, chalk or marking gauge.
Understand and follow company chain of command and reporting methods.
Retain and apply what is learned as it applies to the next skill level.
Regularly attend company safety training sessions.
Complex Problem Solving.
Judgement and Decision Making.
Seeing Potential Problems
Respect for Property
Positive Attitude toward Others
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job performs physically demanding work. May work at great heights or outdoors in all weather conditions. The use Personal Protection Equipment is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The position lifts heavy objects, walks and stands for long periods of time and performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. The employee lifts, pushes, pulls or carries objects; uses abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue; and effectively jumps, sprints or throws objects. The position requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination. The position requires the ability to quickly move arms and legs. The employee must have excellent stamina.
- Work Gloves
- Framing Hammer
- Nail Set
- Lineman’s Pliers
- Steel Claw Bar
- 25’ Tape measure
- Tool Pouches
- Metal Speed square
- Leather work boots
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Utility knife
- ½" Cordless drill or impact (18 Volt or greater)
- Chalk box
- 4’ Level
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position (40 hrs./week). Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 7:00a.m. to 3:30p.m. with overtime as needed before/after shifts and on Saturdays.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
- Able to perform job duties with little to no supervision
- General understanding of construction practices
- Willingness to put forth extra effort
- Communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to take direction and carry out job duties as needed
- Maintains a valid driver’s license and be insurable under company insurance provider/program
High school diploma or Equivalent. Three years or more experience in a related area preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
None required for this position
Ho-Chunk, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified, Native American Tribally-owned