ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development Director - Bellevue, NE
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
The Business Development Director will report directly to the Senior Director and be tasked with driving the growth of the Flatwater Group. This individual will be responsible for developing and monitoring strategies to ensure long-term financial viability for the company.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plans, directs and manages the business development strategy for the Flatwater Group. Establishes and implements goals, strategies and objectives for increasing current business, as well as attracting new business and identifying new customer bases. Designs and manages the capture processes including opportunity identification strategies, decision trees on go/no go decisions, oversees proposal processes and allocation of resources.
- Trains FWG personnel in business development, capture processes and pipeline development. Develops cross functional teams to capitalize on organic capabilities in developing proposals and plans.
- Collects and analyzes evaluation information that measures the success of the business development program/efforts; refines or changes programs in response to that information. Develops regular reports for corporate management on the business development activities and for the overall effectiveness of those activities.
- Prepares annual budget of expenses and works within the budget to provide maximum production effort.
- Creates operating plans that support the strategic direction of the company and correlate with annual operating budgets.
· Ability to develop and communicate goals in support of the business
· Fosters teamwork and builds collaborative relationships
· Empowers others
· Ability to develop others
· Manages performance
· Influencing others
· Information gathering
· Analytical thinking
· Strategic thinking
· Stress management
This position supervises related sales and business development team members.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
· Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
· Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
· Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
· Must be able to work indoor conditions 75% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours may be required due to business need.
Travel is expected up to 50% of the time for this position.
Three years’ experience working in government contracting required. Five or more years’ experience working in government contracting preferred.
Must also have professional experience in negotiating, business development, customer service, planning and public relations.
- Understands federal government regulations (both current and expected changes) relevant to all company services.
- Thorough understanding of Native American corporation contracting capabilities with the Federal Government as both a prime contractor and subcontractor.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Business management or a related field from a four-year accredited college or university.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Strong team leader who is committed to the organization’s objectives.
- Must be able to manage and organize multiple projects and departments.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain necessary federal clearances to perform work as required.
None required for this position
Ho-Chunk, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.