ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
Manages the Accounting department. Performs duties of a highly confidential nature. Analyzes financial information and prepares financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization. Includes supervision of a mix of professional, paraprofessional, and/or clerical accounting personnel.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervise and manage daily work of accounting staff (3-4)
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports as required by management and regulatory agencies in accordance with GAAP
- Analyzes operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, incurred, to project future revenues and expenses, using computer
- Develops, maintains, and analyzes budget, and prepares periodic reports comparing budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts as assigned in a timely and accurate manner to ensure financial statements are materially accurate
- Ensures all subledger accounts tie to general ledger control accounts
- Manage and improve the billing, accounts payable, and financial close processes
- Prepares more complex journal entries relating to intercompany, allocation, service center, and indirect rate transactions
- Assist the Corporate Controller with the month end close procedures
- Analyzes records of transactions to determine accuracy and completeness of entries
- Prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, amortization and depreciation schedules, and other financial reports, using calculator or computer
- Research transactions identified in the month end close process that require explanation
- Ensure the ongoing integrity of the financial statements and research variances to ensure accuracy
- Ensure accuracy of fringe, overhead, and general and administrative expense reporting
- Prepares forms and procedures for associates performing accounting and bookkeeping tasks
- Safeguard the company’s financial assets by ensuring that all company policies and procedures are followed
- Computes taxes owed, ensures compliance with tax payment, reporting, and other tax requirements
- May survey or analyze clients operations to ascertain accounting needs
- Ensure key accounting processes align with federal government compliance standards including FAR and CAS.
- Participate in meetings with key finance and operations management staff pertaining to financial performance and other significant financial matters
- Migrate data from other accounting systems to Solomon in the monthly financial closing process
- Assist staff accountants as needed in the areas of reconciliations, journal entry preparation, developing reports and other areas as needed
- Maintain client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Perform other duties and special projects as requested by management
- Assist with the financial audit of the company year-end financial statements as directed by the Senior Controller
- Financial Management.
- Performance Management.
- Ethical Conduct.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. On call, weekend, and evening hours may be required due to workload.
5-15% travel is expected for this position.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex written and oral communication
- Ability to manage one’s own time
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate options to choose the best solution and solve problems
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions
- Ability to work independently and as a group
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with MS Office
- Detail oriented and task driven
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Maintains a valid driver’s license and be insurable under company insurance provider/program
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift
- Knowledge of government contracting required
- Knowledge of Deltek software is a plus
- Five to eight (5 to 8) years of experience in accounting
- Three to five (3 to 5) years of supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in Accounting from a four-year college or university
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
None required for this position
Ho-Chunk, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Pay Type: Salary
Location: Ho-Chunk Corporate Services Co, Bellevue, Nebraska, United States of America