Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Entry Level Geologist
AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Entry level Geologist for employment in the Omaha, NE office to assist with environmental investigations and remediation. The candidate will perform various media sampling and analysis; provide oversight of subsurface investigations; complete geologic logging and soil characterization using the Unified Soil Classification System; oversee installation and development of groundwater monitoring wells; analyze boring log data and generate subsurface cross sections and profiles; provide construction and subcontractor oversight; and assist with preparation of technical work plans, investigation reports, feasibility studies and decision documents.The successful candidate must have excellent communication and time management skills, solid technical writing and organization skills, proficient with Microsoft Office word processing and spreadsheet software, a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and most importantly, a strong desire to learn.
AECOM is pleased to include you in a unique development opportunity, the Graduate Development Program (GDP). This program is designed to support your assimilation into the organization and assist with creating a foundation of knowledge for a successful career at AECOM. You will gain experience in your discipline through learning on the job and participate in development opportunities during the program, including access to AECOM's social media resources, group mentoring, and professional networking. The program also has learning activities that will be available to you, including webinars and on-line programs.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizes basic scientific principles, theories, practices and existing technologies to develop solutions for technical problems with limited scope.
- Collects and enters data, and applies technical principles and theories.
- Interprets and records data, conducts analyses, compares findings to relevant studies and local, state and federal regulations to ensure compliance.
- Entry-level position; may not require previous experience.
- Degree in science or related field required
Entry Level Geologist
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
- BA/BS + None or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Ability to pass OSHA required medical physical to meet job requirements.
- Ability to pass background checks for access to military installations as a contractor employee.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training
- Experience with sampling, monitoring well installation, and subcontractor oversight
- Experience working for DoD clients
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
United States of America
USA - Nebraska